Monday 16 May 2011

So... I slept in a coffin the other night....





Ghost Stories held a competition in which 4 (lucky) people were challenged to sleep the night inside a sealed coffin, without any water, phones or torches and with no breaks for the toilet....they mercilessly tormented us throughout the night, this is what I wrote the day after...

Seriously I have no idea how any of us did The Coffin Challenge. There were a few silent moments, some perhaps as long as 30mins but they were the worst bits, the anticipation waiting for something to suddenly bash on your coffin or whisper into one of the air holes was murder. I tried my very hardest to detect if someone was approaching my coffin but it was impossible, they used clever sound effects throughout to thrown you off. I remember breathing a sigh of relief when a door at the back of the theatre closed, thinking they were leaving for a while, only for someone to jump on and scream on top of my coffin a split second later. Someone later crept up to my coffin but I heard them and was prepared and braced myself for a shock, however they confused me by standing completely silently for about 15 minutes until I was sure they must have gone, then in the pitch black someone whispered 'Daddy' in the hole which was drilled in the coffin for ventilation. It happened to be a few centimeters away from my ear. It actually made me cry! I was surprised by how scared I was, as I kept telling myself 'Jessica you KNOW it's the production team for the show doing all this' but sleep deprivation and my imagination made me irrational! Basically I slept for, at max 30 mins in total though it was impossible to track time. It was really disorientating not knowing if you had another hour to go or if you actually had another 5! my whole body feels like I've been at the gym, I was so tight and tense, crippled up in every joint of my body from fear that I'm in agony tonight. There wasn't a 'worst bit' it was all horrendous, though I do clearly remember going mental when they first put the lid down. I would never, ever do it again. But then anyone who regularly did something like sleep in a coffin is clearly mad and someone you shouldn't be friends with. Anyone who hasn't seen the show is missing out big time. IT. IS. EXCELLENT.



me and ANDY NYMAN WOHOOOO!

Tweets throughout the night from Jez the journalist who also took part... 





No comments: