Thursday 26 May 2011

Peggy Golec.

For some reason,  it's become very fashionable of late to have tea towels,
t-shirts and other shit merchandise emblazoned with various iterations of the classic 
KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON POSTER. wait...let me think of one...Keep Calm and Carry a Gun?........Keep Warm and Touch My Bum? Whatever. 

So anything I spy out of the corner of my eye with center justified type and one colour print I quickly think eeeek not one of those really UNFUNNY posters again - but not so.....Peggy Golec...is a photographer/designer from Norwich who I met when he snapped me embracing his girlfriend Amy, who I hadn't seen in years...(look at how pleased I am to see her - and reach for the anti wrinkle creams!). 

anyway, he's designed a series of posters for The Birdcage in Norwich which I absolutely love especially for the make-you-smile copy. Absolutely can't tell you how much I love this first one especially, so simple, but so good.... 











See Peggy's other excellent work here...
website and Flickr account. (amazing photography)


No comments: