Thursday 26 May 2011

Love is What You Want.

Went to the Tracey Emin retrospective at the Hayward on Sunday.



I can't decide exactly what I think about it, there are certain pieces of work that I love, particularly the film 'Riding for a Fall' and I obviously found it interesting enough to buy her book  - Strangeland (which I paid a tenner for but you can get on Amazon for £4).
The exhibition is certainly worth a look, even though you might feel like she's got nothing left that you haven't seen (she has). She is also one of Britain's most exciting contemporary artists and that's quite something for someone who confesses to being 'just a small town slag' during her early teens. Good to have a closer look at the patchwork quilt series and the neons and as for the rest, well it's mostly about her fanny - Quelle surprise!

No comments: